Upton Sinclair, his wife and unidentified acquaintance, Santa Barbara, 1935
- Upton Sinclair, his wife and unidentified acquaintance, Santa Barbara, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- Apr 18, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph of Upton Sinclair, author and politician, with wife Mary Craig Sinclair and an unidentified acquaintance. At the time of this photograph, Mr. and Mrs. Sinclair were reported to have been undergoing general physical examination in the Cottage Hospital at Santa Barbara.
Upton Sinclair was a socialist and the Democratic party nominee in the 1934 election for Governor of California, which he lost. On the day of this photograph, Mr. Sinclair denied any claims to retire from politics.
Refer to article: "Denial Made by Sinclair," Los Angeles Times, 19 Apr. 1935: 2.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.