Los Angeles Police Department at the La Fiesta de Los Angeles parade, Los Angeles, 1931
- Los Angeles Police Department at the La Fiesta de Los Angeles parade, Los Angeles, 1931
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [circa September 4, 1931]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph was likely taken on September 4, 1931, during the Parade of Four Flags. 200,000 spectators gathered to watch the Parade on opening day of la Fiesta de Los Angeles. The parade route was along Figueroa St, between Olympic Blvd and Washington Blvd.
Rows of police officers march in the Parade of Flags, waving the 48-star American flags of the time. Spectators line the streets and two are seen on the roof.
This photograph is likely related to the article, "Throngs View Gala Pageant," Los Angeles Times, 5 Sep 1931: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.