Investigator Tommy Thompson as C.A. Gloeckner tries to hide his distraught wife Emma Gloeckner, Los Angeles, 1936
- Investigator Tommy Thompson as C.A. Gloeckner tries to hide his distraught wife Emma Gloeckner, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- April 2, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Emma Gloeckner has not succeeded in coming up with enough money to fly to Trenton, New Jersey, to provide legal evidence in an attempt to stop the execution of her brother Bruno Hauptmann for the murder of Charles Lindbergh Jr.
Tommy Thompson stop short rounding a corner. Behind him Mr. Gloeckner restrains his wife by grabbing one of her arms as she obscures her face with her hat.
Photograph appears with the article, "Sister Fails in Trip Plan," Los Angeles Times, 03 Apr 1936: 2.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Family members--American--California--Los Angeles
Gloeckner, Emma, 1891-1945
Gloeckner, Charles Albert, b. 1891 or 92-1961
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded