Joe Gonzales of the USC Trojans, Los Angeles, 1936
- Joe Gonzales of the USC Trojans, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- March 27, 1936
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Joe Gonzales, speed ball thrower, will be pitching for USC against Stanford at Bovard Field. The Trojans have lost only one game this year.
Against a clear sky, Gonzales grins as he watches a pitch soar into the distance, "Trojans" emblazoned across his uniform.
Photograph appears with the article, "Troy Nine Faces Reds," Los Angeles Times, 27 Mar 1936: A13.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Universities & colleges--California--Los Angeles
Baseball players--California--Los Angeles
University of Southern California--Baseball
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.