R. V. "Doc" Howard and Gwen Seager bid farewell to Loren Mendell and Pete Reinhart before their takeoff, Los Angeles, 1929-1930
- R. V. "Doc" Howard and Gwen Seager bid farewell to Loren Mendell and Pete Reinhart before their takeoff, Los Angeles, 1929-1930
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Plane Goes Up Seeking Record," Los Angeles Times, 22 Sep 1930: A1.
Miss Seager smiles at Mendell and Reinhart as she offers them a bouquet of flowers. A group of men can be seen behind them examining the Pride of Hollywood.
With the shouts of encouragement of 10,000 people Mendell and Reinhart took to the air in their Albatross monoplane, Pride of Hollywood, in a long-planned attempt to restore to Los Angeles the world's record for sustained flight.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Air pilots--American--California--Los Angeles
Mendell, Loren W., b. 1898 or 99-1935
Reinhart, R. B., (Pete Reinhart)
Howard, R. V.
Pride of Hollywood
Seager, Gwen, 1913-2000
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded