The "little Dies committee" at hearings for charges of Communist activity against members of the Los Angeles County S.R.A., Feb. 5, 1940
- The "little Dies committee" at hearings for charges of Communist activity against members of the Los Angeles County S.R.A., Feb. 5, 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- February 5, 1940
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- (Left to Right) Assemblymen Lee T. Bashore, Jack B. Tenney, Sam Yorty, Seth Millington, and Harrison W. Call, the "little Dies committee" which questioned members of the Los Angeles Country State Relief Administration (S.R.A.) on charges of Communist activity. The hearings lasted only one day and ended with a recommendation that action be taken against some of the witnesses for perjury, but no one was immediately fired.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Governmental investigations--California--Los Angeles
Yorty, Sam, 1909-1998
Tenney, Jack B. (Jack Breckinridge), 1898-1970
Call, Harrison W.
Bashore, Lee T.
California. State Relief Administration
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .