Chess and Checker Club members M. Starker and Holgar Johansen play a game, Los Angeles, 1936
- Chess and Checker Club members M. Starker and Holgar Johansen play a game, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 11, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Members of the Chess and Checker Club Mr. Johansen and Mr. Starker play a game while other members play on their own boards or watch them.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Game That Makes Men Equal Flourishes Here," Los Angeles Times, 08 Feb 1936: A1.
At 810 West Sixth Street the Chess and Checker Club meets. The club has members from various backgrounds, some are cattlemen, some are novelists, and there are more than 200 members.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.