Dr. Olin Wannemaker as he arrives from China, San Pedro, 1933
- Dr. Olin Wannemaker as he arrives from China, San Pedro, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- March 16, 1933
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Dr. Olin Wannemaker at the Port of Los Angeles following his return from the Lingnan University, in Canton, China. Wannemaker was a trustee of the university. He also wrote an opinion piece with the title, "Educator Gives Views on China: Lingnan University Director Scores War Lords; Americans Advised Not to Judge Japan Hastily; Educational Aid for Chinese Urged as Peace Factor," Los Angeles Times on 19 Mar. 1933.
Photograph of Dr. Olin Wannemaker at the Port of Los Angeles holding a newspaper and standing next to a ship upon his arrival from China. Workers with trollies are in the background.
This photograph appears with the article, "China's Plight Explained; Educator Declares Selfish War Lords to Blame; Cites America's Great Opportunity." 17 Mar. 1933.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.