Queen Barbara Dougall rides her float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Queen Barbara Dougall rides her float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
A different photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the article, "Rose Parade Awes 1,250,000," Los Angeles Times, 03 Jan 1939: 1, 13.
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
Queen Barbara Virginia Dougall is seated at the top center, joined by members of her court on either side. The float is made of sweet pea blossoms.
17-year-old Barbara Dougall was given thunderous applause from her legion of subjects at the Tournament of the Roses, the Crown City's New Year's gift since 1888.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded