George H. Doran in his hotel suite in Los Angeles, 1935
- George H. Doran in his hotel suite in Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 16, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
George H. Doran retired in 1930 after publishing books at Doubleday-Doran Company since 1883. He wrote under a pseudonym and spoke about subjects such as Charles Dickens, Sinclair Lewis and libraries.
Doran sits in a room with one arm slung over the back of the chair. He has on a serious expression while wearing a suit and a goatee.
Photograph appears with the article, "City Visited By Bookman," Los Angeles Times, 16 Dec 1935: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.