Edna Wedemeyer with a nest holding 2 baby bullfinches, Pasadena, 1935
- Edna Wedemeyer with a nest holding 2 baby bullfinches, Pasadena, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- September 13, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
When Mrs. Wedemeyer's German bullfinch laid her first batch of eggs they survived even though the mother abandoned the nest. But when she laid more eggs and stopped sitting on them Mrs. Wedemeyer brought in a female canary to do the job for the bullfinch.
Mrs. Wedemeyer wears a dress and pearls as she holds in her hands a nest with two small baby birds with open mouths.
Photograph appears with the article, "Mama Canary Raises Sets of Bullfinches," Los Angeles Times, 03 Aug 1935: A5.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded