Wilshire Boulevard Congregational Church under construction, Los Angeles, 1925
- Wilshire Boulevard Congregational Church under construction, Los Angeles, 1925
- Allison, James Edward, 1870-1955 and Allison, David Clark, 1881-1962
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- May 1925
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Wilshire Boulevard Congregational Church is located at 4350 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles.
Exterior view of the Wilshire Boulevard Congregational Church at Plymouth and Wilshire Boulevards, with construction near completion. Scaffolding is up against the main facade and at the base of the tower on the east side. The edifice is now the home of the Wilshire United Methodist Church.
This photograph appears in the Los Angeles Times article: "House of Worship to Be Consecrated: Church to Be Dedicated: Wilshire Boulevard Congregational Begins Today: Month's Service at New Edifice," 5/24/1925. The building was designed by the architectural firm Allison and Allison Architects.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Historic buildings--California--Los Angeles
Congregational churches--California--Los Angeles
Romanesque revival (Architecture)--California--Los Angeles
- Wilshire United Methodist Church (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded