Reverend Merrill Brininstool, after a perilous return from a 6-year mission in China, Los Angeles, 1935
- Reverend Merrill Brininstool, after a perilous return from a 6-year mission in China, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- August 10, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Related to the article, "Missionary Cites Perils: Minister Takes Furlough. Family Leaves Hurriedly as 30,000 Communists Advance on Mission," Los Angeles Times, 11 Aug. 1935: 8.
Reverend Merrill Brininstool, wearing a traditional silk or satin jacket and cap, seen here standing next to a map of China. He holds a rolled scroll and appears to point toward an area in Chwanpien, Tibet, which borders Szechwan Provence (where his mission was located). Hanging on the background wall are numerous Native American and Southwest items.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.