Actress Bebe Daniels on the witness stand during a trial for Albert F. Holland, who wrote 150 love letters to Daniels, Los Angeles, 1933
- Actress Bebe Daniels on the witness stand during a trial for Albert F. Holland, who wrote 150 love letters to Daniels, Los Angeles, 1933
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- January 4, 1933
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Actress Bebe Daniels on the witness stand during a trial for 36-year-old war veteran Albert F. Holland. Holland's sanity was questioned after he wrote more than 150 love letters to Daniels and claimed to have married her in Mexico. During the case, Holland ran most of his own defense, including a lengthy cross-examination of Daniel’s husband, actor Ben Lyon. The jury ultimately found Holland to be insane and committed him to the state hospital.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .